Saturday, March 16, 2013

We will not contribute...

Yesterday as in most every day, someone was telling me about a young small breed dog needing a new home. I listen intently, I want every animal to know of the love my own furry friends know. Just as I was mentally filing all of his information away a bystander ruined his chances with my help by stating he could be used for breeding. WHAT!!! 

This coming from someone I thought was a bit more aware than this, I was wrong.

Until that moment, Gargoyles would of helped any animal regardless of reproduction altering or not, but now a new policy has been implemented - any animal helped by Gargoyles must not be able to reproduce offspring, unless such a procedure would endanger the animal.  We never wanted to set criteria in place that would tie our hands from helping all animals, but see a potential issue arising in the future.

I'm sure this woman has no idea of how she steered me right away from helping this dog, she probably thought she was increasing his chances by adding yet another function he could provide for his keep. You see animals don't have to fatten my wallet - in this house they do the opposite - true - but whatever, I guess it how you view the world that determines what and how you place value to objects and lives.

So another policy is now in place here at Gargoyles - no reproductive capable animals will be aided by us, there is the clause of life endangering circumstances, but even these animals can not bring forth any more life from themselves. 

One of the biggest cause of animal suffering in our world is the fact that there are too many animals and not enough homes willing and able to house them. So, it makes perfect sense to me to stop the over population problem by not adding any more to the mix

Some people can't see past the dollar bill signs, some people really just don't care, all they think about is them, them, them.

Most of these people I can't even be in the same room with, much less try to get them to see from the animal's view, so to save money in the long run (bail bonds, court costs, attorney fees, damages), lets just set the policy and be done with.   

****************************************************************************************

After the woman spoke her words, that green eyed mean person must of been coming out, cause the owner of the store was ringing me up - real quick like... hmmmm.

Yes people it is probably wise to not mention bringing more animals into this world when I'm doing all I can to save the ones already here.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.