Thursday, March 21, 2013

Little guy got out!!

So the little guy - Pepper was unleashed (but still harnessed), unto the backyard today with a firm stay inside the fenced area from me. He was outside with Beltania, Lil' Man, Georgia, and Caroline. Paca was inside getting some special attention from mom and dad and Texas was watching the scene outside from the back door. Georgia started thumping on the back door, which I contributed to her wanting some of the same attention Paca was getting from her daddy, so I paid little attention to her noise.

After letting the kitten out about 10 minutes I decided to go check on him and was letting Georgia inside when she didn't want to go inside I was puzzled but told her to go inside anyway as I went on outside. Caroline came from around the big Oak tree and was jumping up and down and just acting the fool, then I looked to see Beltania over in front of the Oak and when she seen me she came running and carrying on verbally like crazy. That's when I looked on past where she was and seen Lil' Man watching the front yard and knew then that the kitten had escaped the confines of the back yard. 

I went back inside to grab a jacket as it was a bit brisk for me to be out trying to locate Pepper. After applying another layer of material I set out the front door and lo and behold guess who is at the bottom step - yep - little guy himself, Pepper.  Some soft talking and lightly stepping close to him, I'm able to reach down and swipe him up and into my jacket - which was met with much resistance.

Once inside I thought about all the actions of the animals and am just slightly amazed that they were all like "Hey, the little guy is out of the yard". I'm just glad that I've developed the ability to understand them as they try so hard to communicate with us. Listening to them enabled me to retrieve the baby of our family without incident, we worked together in a  form of harmony.  

An earlier excursion when on leash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.