Thursday, May 29, 2014

Little Blue Bird on my shoulder...

Well they never were on my shoulder but the adults sure were happy to have me outside today as their little ones attempted to flee the nest. One of the babies was between Beltania and Lil' Man and neither way was going to come out good for the baby bird. Lil' Man was on the pounce when I screamed and scared the hell out of him, Belle just backed into the Bamboo. For over an hour I beat Bamboo and threatened cats severe bodily injury if any one of my cats dare touch one of those baby birds hopping all over the place making the most delightful noises (for a cat).

The adults figured out the scene real quick and I've got to hand it to them, they got my attention every time it was needed. Several times I came real close to their babies and not once did they aim their sharp beaks in my direction - they knew - we worked together for a whole hour and both babies are high up in the bamboo, high enough for them to not be feline treats. They got a couple of the cats, the ones that dared move from the cover of the bamboo, Texas is now completely shell shocked about going outside, it didn't help matters that I accused him when it was Belle who was waiting on a chick to come right to her. One of the adult birds got my attention on that one too and I had to go crashing thru the bamboo at high speed to stop her from just snapping that one right up. Came out of the bamboo with the heebie jeebies, that stuff is full of bugs, the underside of the leaves has more aphids than I've ever seen in my life. I'm crawling - thinking about it.

Before all the excitement commenced I had came out of the house to take some pictures of the one baby that was closest to me at that point when a wasp flew right into my face space, like 3" from my nose. My hands were full - all I could do was tilt my head back just a bit and say "no, not now". He flew off and left me alone, I just knew I was stung. Thank goodness, practice not harming nature and when you need it maybe you wont get harmed back - just saying. Enjoy the pictures of the baby Blue Jay.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.