Monday, May 5, 2014

Digits to Digits

During the course of a day here at the rescue some time has to be devoted to the computer, whether it is designing a website for a client, uploading items to eBay, or catching up on emails. Moved the whole office operation into the front room so the cats could all get closer to me without causing fights. Have several chairs with soft cushions placed next to or in close proximity to mama pooper scooper, the great giver of treats.

On this particular day Mewen must of felt me needing a soft touch - he reached his paw towards my hand and I couldn't resist touching them sweet little pads on his paw, then he did something so cool - he pushed his paw into my fingers. The camera was near so when I asked him to do it again and he did, I took a picture to save that moment forever.

People have always said that I had a special connection with animals, even astrologers concur that it is written in the stars that of an ability with beasts like only a few people would ever know. I just get them, don't understand where the 'magic' is in that, don't understand why so many people seem to think this is different or unique - everyone has the ability to observe and it is through observing animals that I come to know them so well. Maybe it is more so of a respect thing, I respect their right to life, I respect their space, I respect them for who they are and not what I can get out of them or what they can do for me.

Growing up I was labeled as 'different', 'strange', 'weirdo' - that is okay, I did thicken my hide to taunts and ridicules because I didn't want to harm animals, because I didn't want to tease the little crippled boy who lived down the street - because I was kind to butterflies and didn't pull off their wings - but instead cried when others did.

There were people that came to my aid and protected me, that fought off those who tried to cause me pain, because I guess they were like me and didn't like people picking on the underdog. Underdog or top dog, really doesn't matter - just so long as you don't think yourself superior and do treat others with respect we will get along - other than that I don't have any time for you.

Be Kind!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.