Saturday, December 21, 2013

We will take that as a success!

Recently, Paca injured herself playing in our new yard and her dew claw was in bad shape. It took a bit of time to raise extra funds but we were able to get her and Beltania into one of the local vets in our new area. The fees were more than reasonable and the staff was very eager to be of assistance, we were blessed with Donna G. Raines, D.V.M. as the vet who seen our two girls today.  She listened to me. I told her right from the beginning that I was a small and privately funded rescue who just recently moved and every dime was being double worked, that I needed to know the price of each procedure and there was a strong possibility that some things (tests, shots, etc.), would be eliminated due to an extremely tight budget.

Like I said - she listened, she didn't charge me any unnecessary fees and she didn't try to steer me towards certain foodstuffs - WIN \ WIN \ WIN - like all the way around!!!

Everything was moving along so well I was able to afford a heartworm test for Paca, she hadn't had one in over a year and that one was positive. She has been through many regimes of medicines and some of them actually help in killing the adult worms, plus a heartworm lives for only two years - so any that survived all of her medicines just lost their battle the old fashion way - they died of old age. Her test came back NEGATIVE, that's correct - NEGATIVE - as in Paca has absolutely no heartworms inside of her taking away precious time.

We have been doing a happy dance around the rescue today! Paca has a clean bill of health, no bugs - no bug's friends, etc...

The doc listened to me on Beltania as well, we went over her file and the notes I have on her dealing with her pulling out her hair and how the Buspinol works wonders, and we addressed the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy concerns of mine on Belle. Belle doesn't have any heart conditions - whew - the doc agreed on the Buspinol and prescribed her such, advised me to put Belle back on the Prednisone for a round or two to clear up a hot spot.

Both girls were okay on their weights (my book - all that matters), Belle is at 9 lbs and Paca is getting close to 70 lbs - which is no doubt a good bit of muscle giving how hard her and Caroline have been running and playing. One of the techs called Paca a butterball, I let it go...

Paca is now on Heartgard Plus for heartworm preventative and that was one of my happiest purchases ever - buying her - her very first box of heartworm preventative! I know I'm just a wee bit on the ole crazy side but what the heck!
Such a Good Girl!

Paca is healthy!

Paca's pretty fast for a bulldog!


I did what I said I was going to do - I healed her, didn't happen over night, but it still happened all the same. In the time it has taken me to heal this dog from all of her physical ailments I have also done my very best to heal the psychological ones too.

For these things I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.