Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday morning


Monday morning on the ole homestead, okay so it's not really a homestead yet - but it will be - soon enough. Took the girls out after 36 hours of non-stop rain and they were all full of sniffing the air and the ground, they played for a bit. 

Paca

Caroline
Paca has a clean bill of health and will be entertaining adoption applications the first of the year.  Her vet appointment Saturday confirmed her NEG heartworm status - whoop whoop!! She weighed in at 66 lbs, one of the staff called her a butterball - I let it go for a change - tired of fighting with everyone on the fact she is part English Bulldog and is suppose to be chunky - gee whiz! I mean really - have you ever seen a skinny English Bulldog...

Perfect size and weight for her mixed bred heritage.
The dogs kept going into the open earthen basement so I had to go check out what all the excitement was about and looks like someone has been snooping through my recyclables. Good thing I'm such a clean freak that I clean my recyclables before storing away - but - really need to get some chicken wire and build me some easy peesy storage cages.


Caroline says "someone's been in the trash"!


Checking out this direction.
Checking out the other direction.





Most of the animals in our rescue have jobs, the dogs are guardians and it is their job to keep this place safe from harmful intruders - I don't expect them to distinguish so they just keep ALL things away. They aren't allowed to attack another living creature but sure they would disobey me if a human walked up on us not invited - and I would probably encourage that. Not a fan of violence, but all about keeping me and mine safe, can't do it all alone so I have help - they work for kibbles and pats. Caroline has to double duty as she is learning to be my service animal.

May the rest of the week be bright and beautiful, may everyone enjoy their holiday ~ Peace & Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.