Monday, December 16, 2013

"Hello"

Haven't declared a phone greeting for the rescue yet, it will go along the lines of "Gargoyles Animal Rescue & Dragon Sanctuary, this is Sheila, how may I help you".

Some more things need to be in place before we get all official so for now it is just simply "hello".

This morning I answered the phone, not even guessing at whom was on the other end - a game I play sometimes. A sweet voice answered back calling me by name so I started to try and indentify the voice when she started telling me about a young kitten who lost her momma to death by vehicle. The woman went on well into her story before I could get in the fact that I couldn't offer sanctuary for the baby. She called the right place - the kitten was very feral and was only starting to respond to this woman because the kitten was starving.

This lady was willing to get the baby vetted, spayed and shots, she just wanted a place for her to go to that would mean life for the young cat.

The lady told me that she wished she could keep her but she has a special needs child and there was no way she could handle both.

"To be completely honest mam, you are the best chance this kitten has at any sort of life - period". Was my response to this lady, short and straight to the point - when you call me you aren't going to get any fluff, your not going to get rose colored anything - you will get the truth, you will get cold hard facts.

After an half hour conversation I assured Angela that she is more than capable of being everything and then some that this kitty needs. That she could handle both her charges and I would aid with advice, that she could call upon me for help with all things feline, she doesn't have to go this alone.

Also told her that if things started to get too rough that my rescue would sponsor this kitty and list her on our website, to find her a forever home without fear of death at the shelter.


It does my heart good that this lady is going to attempt, for that I am willing to offer her my ear and my years of experience.

Not able to do much to help animals right now, hell can't even get Paca to the vet yet (that sucks), but I did help a lady who is helping a kitty and that makes me feel a little bit better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.