Sunday, November 1, 2015

Well that's just batty!

Bats are totally fascinating animals to me. I've been amazed and intrigued by them my whole life. When I was 17 years old I stood on the top of the trailer that my father lived in with a fish net and captured my first bat. When I witnessed the suffering it experienced from having to be cut out of the horribly tangled net I never tried to catch another one to this day.

I now admire them from afar, for their safety. A couple of years ago I decided to open the rescue up to more species when I became settled and able to flourish. Among cats, & dogs I decided to welcome into my world again rabbits, chickens, goats, equines, and for the first time - bats! Don't know exactly what I will do other than nurse back to health, but I am more than willing to do whatever I can to help bats.

Came across this article from National Geographic and thus sparked the post on bats.
Check it out: National Geographic

excerpt from article about the famous bats of Austin Texas:
Everybody panicked and wanted them eradicated. But I convinced the city that the bats were worth keeping and they did. In the 35 years we have had our bat colony, no one has been attacked or harmed by one of those bats. Bats make wonderful neighbors. Everybody loves them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.