Thursday, March 3, 2016

You may know...

That Gargoyles Animal Rescue is ran mostly by the efforts of Sheila Shafer-Roberson, and that she has fell upon hard times and is living with her best friend & family - Lisa S. In G.A.R. there are 9 animals, 3 female dogs and 6 cats (4 males, 2 females/Queens). All animals and Sheila sleep in one room of Lisa's house. Every morning all the animals are let outside to do their 'business', the cats stay out, the dogs come back in. All but 1 cat go outside by the back door, Phoebe Peppercorn goes out the front door as she is the only one allowed to be out front with the resident queen - Bella, a feral rescue that owns Lisa and her husband's heart. (She is my best friend after all so we do share characteristics).

I've been telling Lisa that her cat has been very curious about my room, she also loves the fact that I am so 'open' for conversations with her species. She will come to my closed door and meow for me, I always check on her to see what she needs, she usually asks for food, sometimes to be let out, or sometimes just to talk to someone who listens to her and understands her.

She has even came across the threshold into my room. When I tell Lisa about this, I feel as if she is saying "sure she is", but that she doesn't believe me. Well you can't dismiss photographs, now can you. Bella knows the morning routine for my animals, she is a very receptive to all that transpires in her home. Yesterday she boldly came into my room following me just a talking her head off. If I tune in I can get the gist of her conversation and communicate back. I wasn't far from dreamland and my head was a bit fuzzy so I wasn't carrying on a conversation with her and just came in my room leaving the door open because to close it would of been rude and I try very hard to not ever be rude to anyone. When I made it to my desk I turned around and seen her by the water bowls, so I grabbed up my phone/camera and started taking pix. When I showed these pictures to my friend she went through them and said "what am I suppose to be noticing"? I said "that your looking at your cat", she said "Oh"!


At the water bowls for all animals,
she is in between where Georgia & Paca slept.

Preparing to jump on my bed, right where
I had been laying just moments earlier.

On my bed, she must feel comfortable with my energy,
that spot is highly infused with not only my smell,
but all the animals who snuggle in as I sleep.

She is on a feeding station for the cats, nearing
beds of several cats but mainly the
queen she spends time with in the front yard.
Not exactly sure what to make of all of this, she is a queen but she is young and not far from her feral days. She isn't mean in her claiming of space in and around her home. I am going with the theory of curiosity, I've often picked up from her that she believes I have a secret portal in my room >in her mind > all the animals and myself go on amazing adventures throughout the night and by gosh she wants to see this damn portal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.