Tuesday, January 12, 2016

So many, I feel overwhelmed, where do they all come from?

I've been in Georgia for one year and I have seen so many pit bull type dogs in my animal rescuing emails, newsletters, and personal pleas from individuals you mail to every rescue on the books (I thank you - especially the individual that is going above and beyond what is expected), kudos to every single key poking finger out in the world wide web.

If asked to guess how many dogs I've seen through my email  I would say around 500, without exaggerating one tiny bit. They are in the big cities (Atlanta), they are in the suburbs (Savannah), they are in rural towns (Ludowici), they are everywhere.

I was in the animal rescue field before the pit bull type dog took hold, then it was German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, Boxers, Golden Retrievers, Cocker Spaniels it is what ever the popular breed is at any given time in history. All the previous dogs were popular at one time or another, what ever is popular is mass produced so greedy humans can 1). feel god like in the ability to oversee animals breeding, and/or 2). so humans can make their $ off the backs of others (animals).

I've been guilty of both so yes I do have a right to speak out on this topic. I added my part in to the mix - one of the reasons I work so hard - to not only try and undo what I did, but also that I did it in the first place. I brought more animals into the world that has been over taxed on homeless animals.

I'm going to clear my computer files of a good portion of the dogs and cats I have networked for in 2015. If you see a sweet face you wish to know more about please contact me @ sheila_gar94@yahoo.com and I will let you know where the lucky chap is (if I have the information).















































Question: How many dogs are in the above pictures of those networked for?

1 comment:

  1. The above dogs were brought to my attention via email (mostly). There are 48 dogs pictured in this blog post. Gargoyles Animal Rescue has networked to find rescue and homes for 34. We don't have any figures beyond that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.