Thursday, May 14, 2015

How to save a buck or 2



When I had my own horse boarded at a local stable or on my own land I used to get frustrated with people trying to imply that I was associated with horses because of a love of wealth, or trying to live beyond my means. Horses were in my blood, still are just many years away from my beloved beasts being my life line. Some 'horse people' make it all work by the seat of their pants. Its not easy, especially when illness or injury present themselves on a particular bad month of income. What the hell are you going to do? Rob Peter to pay Paul for that bale of hay just so you can call out the vet and hope he doesn't deposit that check until later on in the week, month, etc.

Rode out with my friend for some quality horse time, there is a feller out there that has my interest so I'm always ready to accompany her. Didn't get to spend the time grooming as planned, but instead took care of what needed taken care of and in the process saving a buck or two. Vet visit, medicine, etc can add up fast and most definitely drain a bank account - quick like.

Love that my friend took care of her friend without missing a beat. Kudos Lisa!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.