Friday, June 27, 2014

We Love Dennis

A true friend to the animals and me, Dennis is the owner of Canines & Felines Marketplace at 626 Conagree Rd. Greenville, SC. He has supported our rescuing efforts every since we first met him back in 2010. It is very true that the animals would suffer horrible food choices if not for him.

A kind heart and an successful businessman; he continues to 'Pay It Forward' to the animals in his community and then some. He continues to collect donations for our rescue by his cash register, he has allowed us to utilize his store for photo shoots, he has went so far above and beyond what anyone could possibly know.

He doesn't hesitate when asked for help, he is truly a God-send if there ever was one. The animals and I hold him in highest regards. They know when I go there, they miss getting to see him, but they sure do get happy when I start unloading the boxes of food he donates to us - good stuff - no crap - he doesn't even sell crap!

He always throws in a special treat for the dogs and this time it was scarfed down before we had a chance to take some photos but they love everything he sends them.

I had $40.00 to spend on food - for 9 animals, and had no idea when more money would come, so I planned on spending that whole $40. with him. I piled up a big bag of Taste of the Wild, several cans of Fussie Cat & Weruva, and some treats for the kitties. Still had a little bit of food at home for the dogs, not much - but the cats were completely out and had to eat Whiskas and Fancy Feast dry for the past several days. They had to have food and a couple of my charges told me they would rather do without wet than to eat another bite of 9 Lives - what does that tell you - their spoiled - well yea, but they know the difference in quality and would just as soon go without. Even set on the counter a bag of World's Best Cat Litter - cause it is really good stuff. When I was walking around picking these items up I was calculating in my head the total, when I thought I was close to $35.00 I stopped (have to include ole Uncle Sam at the register).

The grand total - $27. and change. My jaw dropped, he didn't charge me full price for ANYTHING, he knows how hard I have it trying to make ends meet. He knows I go without many items, including medicine for myself to take care of these animals. He is such a good man. I gave him $30. told him to keep the change because I know what he did. That extra $10. is going to buy Paca a toy, she needs a toy to play with and build her face muscles back up. If Paca didn't need a toy so bad I would of given Dennis that $10. too.

We need more people like Dennis in this world. Praise every one you find!

The animals are set for the next month, will have to buy more wet and frozen (Bil Jack), but our dry, treats, and the honest kitchen are taken care of. Not to mention removing a huge stress from my shoulders. Now I can concentrate on training and that is priceless.



L-R Beltania, Texas, & Mewen

Thank the Heavens above for Dennis in our world!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to let us your valuable feedback, we do monitor the comment section and as of November 15, 2015 all relevant comments will be allowed. Please be respectful that this is a 'Open to the Public' blog, let us communicate properly. Offensive language will not be permitted.